Friday, September 12, 2008

Shop N Save

Yesterday, Shop N Save had their "No Coupon Thursday". Receive $10 off when you purchase $50 or more in groceries.

Normally we do most of our grocery shopping at SaveALot. We like most of their brands and get what we need. Best of all, it is literally 2 minutes (driving) from the house.

So, I have some coupons for ShopNSave - Buy $50 giftcard, get $5 off. I thought I would give it a shot. I bought a $50 GC for 45 OOP and waited for the next "No Coupon Thursday".

57.75 My total before coupons

After coupons - 34.05 OOP (well off the giftcard)-This includes the $10/50

That is 41% savings - Is that good for grocery shopping? I have been using coupons like crazy at Walgreens and I see much higher savings - so it is really hard to feel great about this shopping trip.

Also, it really took me a lot of time to figure out my shopping list. It is really hard to think like a stockpiler for groceries. I am sure this will get easier with time. Walgreens shopping sure did! If not, I will save my time for Walgreens and go back to Save-A-Lot.

No comments: