Friday, July 25, 2008

Double Dippin' at Walgreens










Today, I got to enjoy the Double Dip at Walgreens. I went to four different stores and did two transactions at the last store. My first stop did not allow the Double Dip and I had to pay $3.50 per pk of diapers. (Am I complaining - heck no, that is still a steal on diapers!) In the end, I had 17 packs of diapers, 2 boxes of NutriPals, and 10 bottles of Loreal Nutri-Vive. I spent $35.74 OOP. A friend of the family wanted some of the diapers so I gave them 6pks at $1.50 each. In the end, I spent $26.74 OOP and earned $25 in RR!

Got this wonderful description from Mercedes at Common Sense with Money - What is double dipping? Double dipping happens when the end of one rebate period overlaps with the beginning of another rebate period at Walgreens. During these two days, the coupons in the EasySaver booklet from the period that is about to end are still active and the coupons from the period that just begun become active as well. So you can double dip by using the coupons from both Easysaver booklets on the same items. Of course this situation is entirely YMMV and depends a lot on the cashier you get whether you can do it or not.

No comments: